- Category: Tours
- Hits: 6611
5 Days – 4 Nights in Myanmar
Yangon- Bagan – Inle Lake – Yangon
An extensive tour of the most striking sites of Myanmar, from Yangon to Bagan and Shan State…
A glimpse on the colonial city of Yangon and the Golden Shwedagon pagoda flight to the world Heritage Site of Bagan, one of the most remarkable archaeological sites in Asia.
Then to the beautiful Inle Lake over 1,300 metres above sea level setting encircled by wooded hills.
A wonderful experience in and rich and simple environment.
Day 1: Arrive Yangon
Arrive Yangon International Airport, You will meet your tour guide after clearing immigration and customs control at Airport. Transfer to the hotel for check in.
Overnight in Yangon.
Day 2: Flight to Bagan (B)
After an early breakfast at the hotel, transfer to Airport for the flight to Bagan (Nyaung Oo).
From the 11th to 13th centuries, when Bagan was the capital of Myanmar, the rulers constructed thousands of huge stupas and temples many of which are still standing today on the banks of the Irrawaddy River.
On arrival, transfer to hotel.
Your journey begins with a visit to colorful Nyaung Oo Market where every day the locals come to buy and sell fresh produce and other goods before visiting the golden stupa of Shwezigon Pagoda for an introduction in to Bagan’s rich history.
This afternoon begin with a visit to a traditional lacquer ware workshop where you can observe the production of one of Myanmar’s best-known handicrafts. Continue to Ananda Temple, an architectural masterpiece and one of Bagan’s most beautiful temples.
From here, travel by horse cart for a tour passing along ancient temples. Enjoy an unforgettable sunset over the plains from the upper terrace of one of the temples.
Overnight in Bagan.
Day 3: Flight to Inle Lake (B)
Breakfast at hotel.
Transfer to Airport for a flight to Heho.
From Heho, a scenic one-hour drive leads to Nyaung Shwe, the gateway village to Inle Lake.
Upon reaching the edges of Inle Lake, board a private motorboat to head out to Inle Lake, one of Myanmar’s most spectacular sights. Pass villages built on stilts over the lake, inhabited by the local Intha people. Observe the leg-rowing fishermen and see their floating gardens built up from strips of water hyacinth and mud and anchored to the bottom with bamboo poles. Visit Nga Hpe Chaung Monastery, which houses dozens of Shan Buddha Images, but is more famous for its unique ‘jumping cats’ who jump through hoops in the air! Continue to Phaung Daw Oo Pagoda, the lake’s main sanctuary, which contains five sacred Buddha images covered in gold leaf.
Explore the local crafts of Inle Lake with a stop at the weaving village of Inpawkhone and a cheroot factory, where the typical Burmese cigars are made by hand.
If time permits, there may be time to enjoy a short walk through one of the lakeside villages.
Overnight on Inle Lake.
Day 4: Inle Lake-Heho/ Yangon (B)
Breakfast at hotel. Leave your hotel by boat and transfer to Heho Airport for domestic flight to Yangon.
The tour continues to Chauk Htat Gyi, a huge reclining Buddha image, follow by the drive around royal lake with floating barge to see the atmosphere of Yangon city from different parts. Then, an extended visit to Shwedagon Pagoda, one of the world’s most spectacular religious monuments, and the golden dome Pagoda is the place to see the local ways of life and belief, as well as visitors can watch the world’s go by.
Overnight in Yangon.
Day 5: Departure Yangon (B)
Breakfast at hotel.
Explore Yangon starting from the city centre near Sule Pagoda to enjoy the bustling life of Yangon and its people. Then visit Bogyoke Aung San Market (former Scott’s Market), where shopper’s favorite place.
Then to Yangon international airport for your departure flight.
Selected hotels at Superior class :
|Suepriro hotels||Chatrium hotel |
|Bagan Thande hotel , |
deluxe river view room
|Inle Resort, |
|First class hotels||Yuzana hotel,|
deluxe Shwedagon pagoda
|Arthawka hotel , |
|Sky Lake hotel, |
Price valid 01 Oct 2011 – 30 Apr 2012
|Number of persons||
Price per person
for Superior Hotels
Price per person for
First Class Hotels
Price based on 2 persons
|Price based on 3 -4 persons|
|Price based on 5 -6 persons|
|Price based on 7 -10 persons|
|Price based on 11 -15 persons|
Supplement for single room
Our services include:
• 4 night accommodation on half-twin room basis with daily breakfast
• English-speaking station guide (different guide at each place)
• Porter fees at the airport
• 3 Domestic flights Yangon/Bagan/Heho/Yangon
• All transfers and excursions with private air-conditioned vehicles with drivers
• Horse cart tour in Bagan
• Private motorized boat in Inle Lake excursions
• Entrance fees for the visits mentioned in the program
Our services do not include:
• International ticket to/from Yangon
• Meals not mentioned (B = breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner)
• Visa arrangements for Myanmar
• Visits not mentioned in the program
• Drinks and personal expenses
• Tips and porters at the hotels
• Any other items not mentioned
• International departure Airport Tax Yangon (USD 10/pax at present)
IMPORTANT NOTES FOR MYANMAR:
1. Please note that credit cards and traveler cheques are not accepted in Myanmar and that visitors must be bring sufficient cash (best in US Dollars, but Euros also increasingly accepted) to change and make any purchases and payments. Please bring new US Dollar bills ("big heads" instead of "small heads") and with series numbers not starting with CB as these are not accepted in Myanmar due to rumours these series are counterfeit.
2. Travelers to Myanmar are required to have a travel insurance covering the cost of medical evacuation flights.
3. Visas are required by all visitors to Myanmar. A visa must be obtained before entering Myanmar or On Arrival Visa is available at all international airports (Yangon & Mandalay). The visa application form is also available at all international airline linked with Myanmar or on-line. To apply on arrival visa, one must have 2 passport photo (4x6 cm) taken within last 6 months and passport must be valid 6 months after arrival date.
4. The schedules of domestic flights in Myanmar are provided as an indication only. Once a booking is confirmed we can provide more precise timings, but these remain nevertheless subject to change without notice by the airlines until travelling date. It might therefore in some cases be necessary to amend your program and itinerary due to such schedule changes. We thank you for your understanding.